Due to the fact that CBD produced promising results in a variety of mental disorders, specialists wonder if it could help ADHD patients as well. Considering that when ADHD is present in the brain of a person, the signs are elevated cortisol levels and low dopamine levels.
Which explains the constant state of irritation and the inability to calm down and relax, CBD could help by lowering cortisol and inducing a state of calmness.
While it is true that there is a specific medication that is prescribed in the case of ADHD patients, many complain about the unpleasant side-effects they produce, like constant headaches which often lead to a decrease in the quality of sleep.
Those that gave CBD oil a chance, said that the new treatment stopped their headaches and gave them the possibility, for some the first time in their lives, to actually get a hold of their mind.
No risks of negative side-effects
CBD has nothing to do with an addictive substances and will not alter the perception ability of a person, this is why one can use CBD at any time during the day or night.
Plus, even if you decide to adopt this treatment for a long-term, you will not experience the “need” to take it, as the body will not develop any form of addiction toward it.
This is because the human body was designed to produce cannabinoids in a natural manner. Problems occur when these cannabinoids are not produced as it should.
The medication available for ADHD is meant to stimulate the production of dopamine, a chemical that is usually produced by the brain, responsible for our ability to unroll cognitive processes, like memorizing things and focusing on our activities.
Due to this fact, CBD reacts so well in our body, as the cannabinoids it contains will immediately bind with the right kind of receptors, restoring the balance in a way that no drugs can.
But, in the case of ADHD patients, there is an issue with dopamine, as the brain is not producing sufficient dopamine. According to the latest researches, CBD can do the same as specialized ADHD medication and that is to stimulate the production of dopamine and improve the brain function.
Thus, the cannabinoids, which are the active components of CBD oil, has a great potential at improving the state of mental health in people suffering from ADHD, making dopamine more available to their brains.
And the best part about this treatment is that it is safe to be used in the case of children as well, as it doesn’t trigger any addictions or unwanted psychoactive effects.
Important Facts To Know About CBD Oil For ADD And ADHD
- CBD oil not only interacts with the endocannabinoid system, but it also binds with serotonin receptors, vanilloid receptors, and adenosine receptors that have a significant impact on stress and pain management, mood management, and sleep-wake cycles.
- CBD oil was classified as a nutritional supplement, but after recognizing many health benefits, it is considered as a medicine by the British government.
- ADHD causes disturbances in the sleep cycle; however, CBD oil works as a sedative that helps in treating insomnia.
- CBD oil is non-toxic; therefore, even excessive intake of CBD oil causes no severe side effects, and it is nearly impossible to overdose.
- CBD oil consists of a very minute amount of THC; therefore, it is safe and quite effective in treating depression, anxiety, paranoia, and stress without making you high.
- A study conducted in 2013, revealed that CBD oil helps in blocking the addictive impact of painkillers like morphine. It protects the body from dealing with any severe side effects.
No reason to not give this a go, no side effect only a tonne of amazing benefits.